Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yo, Was that a Yodel that Hit my Door?!?



Ahhhh, the good ol' days: hangin' out with friends, sittin' on the front steps shootin' the breeze (and maybe a raccoon or two with the Gotcha Paintball gun),











playin' flashlight tag (at night of course), eatin' Yodels, and then taking a Yodel and hucking it at your neighbor's front screen door.

At least that's what one of my friends did one night, as we were walking up the hill, and it made such a loud clang that we knew it must have stirred the inhabitants, so we all just instinctively ran. We scattered: Nick ran up the hill; Jason ran down the hill; and I ran across the street and hid alongside a rock wall. Sure enough old man Stethington (changed name to protect the innocent) came blasting out of the house - flashlight in hand. He beamed that sucker right in my direction, but he never saw me. Then he proceeded to patrol the sidewalks, skulking up and down, but he never found for what he was looking - for we were too covert to be discovered.

I'm not sure if he ever figured out who threw that Yodel, but I'm sure he had his suspicions.

~~ David Misbehavid

6 comments:

Janna said...

LOL kid I was thinking about that gun the other day and I couldnt think of it name for the life of me. Wow how weird, I remember you had to soak the little round disks in water to soften the paint around the plastic pellets and it shot only every other one the rest would jamm in the clip. Man running around in the houses. Kid thats awesome you found pictures of them, I think we bought them at BJ's wholesale club.

Dave from Boston said...

Yiss. Those guns were cool and they sucked. I seem to remember shooting your garage and your dad getting p-o'd.

~~ Yodeler

Unknown said...

You guys must have Wavelength!

Janna said...

Wavelength? at times we are like twin brothers connected at the brain stem, "Pudding you want some pudding? or do you want yogurt"? Kid you read my mind! How did you do that? "NO"! "You read my mind" Kid Im luvin it

Anonymous said...

Dave, I have a new blog now. It's www.lptopfive.blogspot.com. Go and check it out and leave your top 5. Then tell your friends. Out...
Lindsay

Watauga Relief Society said...

Gotcha? The movie? Holy cow! Flashback!