Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What I Did (or Saw Happen or Heard About Happening) with Colored Smoke Balls : )


When you're 10 years old, you like to make people laugh, and the local grocer, candy store, news stand, joke shop, and convenient store all sell these to anyone with a buck, you tend to find fun, interesting, mischievous, unique, often questionable, hopefully legal, and sometimes embarrassing (looking back: maybe even shameful) ways to utilize them.

So I’m kinda sorry to admit that my friends and I took the colored smoke ball from being a pretty visual aid to being a pretty off-colored gag which aided our pranks. Without getting into too much detail I remember this one time when some random kid came walking down the street where we hung out. He was carrying a Nerf football which somehow ended up in the hands of one of my friends. Anyway, someone stuffed a Colored Smoke Ball into a crevice in the FB (those old Nerfs tended to crack), lit the sucker, and then threw it back to the lad. The poor kid freaked out because he thought it was an actual bomb or something, and he ran away.

Another time someone may have opened the door to a local Apt/Condo complex and rolled a lit Smokey Ball down the hall. I can’t really remember. And there may have been a time when someone threw one in the Kindergarten bathroom through an opened window, and all the kids may have been temporarily evacuated. But who keeps track of those things? I may have just heard about that one.

~~ David Misbehavid


P.S. Do Not Try This At Home or Anywhere

2 comments:

ellen said...

That's a lot of "mays"...

Dave from Boston said...

Well, to the best of my knowledge, then, some of that might be true, or it could have been all made up, or not.

~~ Ambivaloso