Monday, February 18, 2008

The Doorbell

A man is walking down the street one day when he notices a very small boy trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street. Since the boy is very small the doorbell is too high for him to reach.

After watching the boy's efforts for some time, the man moves closer to the boy's position. He steps smartly across the street, walks up behind the little fellow and, placing his hand kindly on the child's shoulder, leans over and gives the doorbell a solid ring.

Crouching down to the child’s level, the man smiles benevolently and asks, "And now what, my little man?"

The boy replies, "Now we run!"

I remember playing that game; those were the days.

~~ Ring and Run DSC

7 comments:

ellen said...

I remember prank phone calls but those are a thing of the past thanks to caller ID...

Unknown said...

prank phone calls and ding dong ditch...

Wendster said...

We used to do a little of that too. But we spent way MORE time playing hide and seek.
I liked your quote about not putting off til tomorrow what you could do today cuz if you like it you can do it again tomorrow. I had never heard it before. Way to reframe procrastination!
I have a hard time imagining I will like the housework I am putting off though. Lol.

Dave from Boston said...

"Yes, hello. Is your refrigerator running?”

“Oh, uhhh, let me check.” (pause) “Why yes it is.”

“You better get it back because I just saw it run down my street.”

(click)

And then we’d laugh, but looking back I don’t know why that was funny.

“Hello, your dog is chasing my cat again!”

“I don’t have a dog.”

“Well I don’t have a cat!”

(click)

I need to save some of these for Wednesday. The calls; the ring and runs; the hide and seek; the smoke bombs; I could go on forever.

~~ David the Misbehaved

Jeffrey D. Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey D. Hale said...

"Yes, hello. Is your refrigerator running?”

“Oh, uhhh, let me check.”

(long pause)

“Actually it wasn't, thanks for asking. There could of been a lot of spoilage.”

“awwhhh!.”

This is from "The Simpsons". Bart tries to prank call Principal Skinner.

Watauga Relief Society said...

ROFL