Sunday, October 12, 2008

Split Ends


This picture may look familiar because I used it once before in my Prologue post of Wood-frame Ninjas for my Saturday's Storyers. The three stars represented in front are, from left to right, Sean, myself, and Adam. We were like best friends growing up and we had many adventures together, many of which took place in the very building behind us and in the surrounding area. I could go on and on about the dry-docked sail boat explorations or the madcap moped trips, the brick ladder of dreams or the high-speed chases. What I would like to portray, though, is an image of split ends (note the 90's hairstyles), but not those kind of split ends!

The split ends of which I would like to relate have to do with that building, the Lynnfield Ward meeting house. Growing up, this is the ward I attended, and it is the new ward where I will again attend services since today the Arlington Ward split ends. For now, Lynnfield ward's boundaries have been extended to include Woburn and Winchester.

This truly is bitter-sweet because I will miss the Arlington ward and all of its members - I love that ward, but I also love the Lynnfield ward and I can't wait to go back.

In the end, I believe that things happen for a reason, and I look forward to new adventures and hopefully new friends and blessings. For those who are sadder than I, I hope that they can settle down and know that things will be fine, and soon they will be settled-down in their new home ward. Besides, this won't be the last time that the winds of wind blow.

~~ Spalato

+=-

2 comments:

Swoopref said...

"Winds of wind"

You are good, Dave.

Unknown said...

I am sadder then you......


maybe we should move....