Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas - What I Believe

In closing, I would like to express just a small portion of what I believe:
  • I believe that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of our Savior.
  • I believe that Christ the Lord was born of Mary in Bethlehem.
  • I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God the Eternal Father.
  • I believe that Christ lives and is mighty to save.
  • I believe that the Bible and the Book of Mormon contain true accounts of Christ's ministry and that they contain other inspired doctrine.

Whether you do or do not believe any or all of these things, I respectfully ask that you do not disrespect me for what I believe, just as I will not disrespect you, and I also ask that you will not disrespect others for what they believe, just as I hope they will not disrespect you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

David

5 comments:

emmy. said...

i would absolutely never disrespect anothers' beliefs and have little patience for those who would. what i am curious of, however, is why we celebrate Jesus's birthday on Dec 25th. isn't that not the true date of his birthday? or was i misinformed?

merry christmas :)
-a fellow bostonian writer.

Dave from Boston said...

Hi Emmy,

Thanks for your comments and support. I too have been told that December 25th is not the actual date of Christ's birth, and I am not sure of exactly when this glorious event occurred, but I still enjoy joining with others in using the 25th as the day to celebrate.

David

ellen said...

Welcome to the Blog-A-Rama!!

Janna said...

you are such a good writer. so entertaining. this will be one of those blogs that becomes well known... or so i can only hope. i hope other people find it and can enjoy your writing too!

Dave from Boston said...

Thanks Skinnahs, my good family. I hope you enoy, and I hope you don't mind that I few posts will no-doubtly be about or include you guys.

Uncle Dave